$26 Million Mega Millions Winning Ticket Sold in Mt. AiryWednesday, February 20th, 2013
Sixth big Lottery win in Western MD since 2013 began
A Mt. Airy Lottery player woke up this morning as Maryland’s newest multi-millionaire. One Mega Millions ticket worth $26 million matched all six numbers including the Mega Ball. The winning numbers were 1, 15, 19, 30, 56 and Mega Ball 28. This is the first Maryland Mega Millions jackpot win since the $218.6 million jackpot claimed by three educators last March.
The Mega Millions ticket was purchased at Mt. Airy Shell, located at 649 Lakeview Dr. in Mt. Airy. For selling the winning ticket, that retailer will receive a $26,000 commission. The winner, who has 182 days to claim the prize, can choose between the $26 million annuity or the $19 million cash option. The prize must be claimed in person at the Baltimore Claims Center, located at 1800 Washington Blvd.
Since the beginning of the year, the Maryland Lottery has congratulated numerous Western Maryland winners, including:
- $26 million Mega Millions jackpot win from 2/18 — unclaimed
- Mt. Airy Shell in Mt. Airy (Frederick County)
- $1 million second-tier Powerball win from 2/9 — claimed by a Middletown man
- Fountaindale Service Center in Middletown (Frederick County)
- $625,000 Multi-Match jackpot win from 2/11 — claimed by a Sharpsburg woman
- Boonsboro Exxon in Boonsboro (Washington County)
- $575,000 Multi-Match jackpot win from 1/21 — claimed by a Hagerstown man
- Roxy Liquors in Hagerstown (Washington County)
- $30,000 Crack the Code scratch-off win from 1/31 — claimed by a Sharpsburg man
- Battleview Market in Sharpsburg (Washington County)
- $25,000 Cash Word scratch-off win from 2/7 – claimed by Dustin Twigg from Cumberland
- Martin’s #003 in Cumberland
The multi-state Mega Millions game is played in 44 states and jurisdictions – including Maryland, Virginia, Delaware and the District of Columbia. Mega Millions drawings can be seen on Tuesday and Friday evenings at 11:22 p.m. on WBAL-TV, Channel 11 and at 11:53 p.m. on MPT.