COMING MAY 27, 2014; A Great New Way To Extend Play
Extended play just got a lot more fun with the introduction of Bonus Crossword (Game #137), the Maryland Lottery’s first extended play game featuring a mobile app. It all starts with a $3 scratch-off ticket featuring a top prize of $30,000 – and then continues with an interactive extended play game.
Players with a non-winning Bonus Crossword ticket can extend their play and Play for Prizes by downloading the FREE Maryland Lottery Bonus Crossword app. Players can play on their mobile device or on their PC for a chance to win:
- A coupon valued from $2 to $20 that can be used to buy scratch-offs
- My Lottery Rewards points in the amounts from 10 to 200 points
Players can also play for fun as often as they like by selecting the Play for Fun option.
CROSSWORD INTERACTIVE GAME – PLAY FOR PRIZES
1. Players with a non-winning Bonus Crossword ticket can participate in the Crossword interactive game and Play for Prizes by scanning the QR code on the front of their ticket and downloading the FREE Maryland Lottery Bonus Crossword mobile app, available for iOS and Android devices, or by going to mdlottery.com/bonuscrossword and entering the 3-digit game number and 9-character code located underneath the QR code.
2. To play, players will be asked to register for the Bonus Crossword interactive game or to log in to their existing account. The Bonus Crossword interactive game is not related to My Lottery Rewards.
3. Players will then be able to play the Bonus Crossword interactive game for a chance to win one of two types of prizes:
- A COUPON WITH A VALUE OF $2, $3, $5, $10 OR $20
- MY LOTTERY REWARDS POINTS WITH A VALUE OF 10, 15, 20, 25, 40, 50, 60, 70, 100 or 200 POINTS
- Winners of a coupon or MLR bonus points will be automatically sent an email to the email address provided during registration.
4. Players winning a coupon will bring them to their local Maryland Lottery retailer to redeem towards their next scratch-off ticket purchase. Retail validation instructions will be included on the coupon.
Players winning MLR points will receive an email with the number of points they won, a code, and instructions for entering those points into their MLR account. (Players can also enter the codes from their non-winning Bonus Crossword ticket and add those MLR points to their account.)
HOW TO VALIDATE AND REDEEM BONUS CROSSWORD COUPONS
Players participating in the Bonus Crossword interactive extended play game will receive a Maryland Lottery Coupon similar to the image above.
Using the TERMINAL SCANNER, swipe the coupon barcode under the right hand side Terminal Scanner. The Terminal will print one Voucher Receipt for the corresponding value of the Bonus Crossword Coupon.
For MANUAL ENTRY:
1. Press the Special Functions Tab on the Terminal Touchscreen
2. Press the Coupon Button
3. Press the Single Use Coupon Button
4. Enter the 16-DIGIT SUC SERIAL NUMBER
5. Press “OK”
6. The Terminal will print one Voucher Receipt for the corresponding value of the Bonus Crossword Coupon
Players have until the Bonus Crossword final claim date, which is to be announced, to validate their coupons. Voucher Receipts must be redeemed within 60 days of the issue date.
Coupons can be redeemed only once and only for the amount on the coupon.
You will receive the standard 3% cashing commission on the value of the coupon.
Make sure your employees are familiar with Bonus Crossword, especially the interactive feature and the retail coupon
Ask your Lottery District Manager for more information and assistance to maximize your sales
Post Point-of-Sale prominently
Ask for the Sale
Talk about winners in your location
For more information, visit mdlottery.com/bonuscrossword on May 27, and download the Bonus Crossword mobile app for your iOS or Android device.