Powerball Is Changing!Thursday, January 2nd, 2014
Beginning January 19th new Powerball play slips can be used. DO NOT Discard current slips until you have received the new slips. Both slips can be used past January 19th!
First Drawing: Wednesday, January 22, 2014
A big change is coming to the Power Play® feature of the Powerball® game this winter. Effective with the drawing on January 22, 2014:
- A multiplier is being added to the Power Play feature
- The Power Play multiplier numbers will be 2, 3, 4, and 5
- The Power Play option will apply to all prizes except the Jackpot and the Match 5 ($1,000,000) prizes
- With Power Play, the Match 5 ($1,000,000) prize will be $2,000,000 regardless of the Power Play number selected
- The additional cost for Power Play per play will still be only $1.00
- There are no changes to the basic Powerball prize structure
All retailers should receive the new Powerball playslips by January 18th. Do not use them until January 19th. If you do not receive them, call 1-888-427-7568.