HOW TO PLAY
You can play Pick 3 or Pick 4 at most Maryland Lottery® retailers. Just select the number(s) you wish to play by filling out a playslip, or choose Quick Pick and the Lottery terminal will randomly select your numbers for you.
COMPLETING A PICK 3 or 4 PLAYSLIP
1. Select the appropriate playslip for the 3-digit or 4-digit numbers you want to play. Each playslip has five panels, so you can select up to five sets of numbers on a single playslip.
- Mark your numbers on each panel you want to play, OR mark the Quick Pick box for that panel if you want your numbers selected for you.
- Use only pencil or blue or black ink to make heavy vertical marks through each number you choose. Red ink will not be accepted.
- If you make an error in your number selection, mark the VOID box for that panel. DO NOT ERASE.
- If too many or too few numbers are selected on any panel, or if numbers are incorrectly marked for the Bet Type selected, the playslip will be rejected.
2. Select the Bet Type you’d like to play.
- For Pick 3, you can choose: Straight, Box, Straight & Box, Front Pair, Back Pair or Combo (Combination).
- For Pick 4, you can choose: Straight, Box Straight & Box or Combo (Combination).
Straight – Your number must match the winning number in exact order.
Box – Your number can match the winning number in any order.
Straight & Box – A combination $.50 Straight bet and $.50 Box bet on the same ticket.
Front Pair – (Pick 3 only) The first two digits must match the winning number in exact order. Note: If you choose Front Pair, you only need to mark the first two digits on that panel.
Back Pair – (Pick 3 only) The last two digits must match the winning number in exact order. Note: If you choose Back Pair, you only need to mark the last two digits on that panel.
Combination/Combo – Pick 3 combo is the equivalent of three or six Straight Bets at three or six times the wager amount. Pick 4 combo is the equivalent of four, six, 12 or 24 Straight Bets at four, six, 12, or 24 times the wager amount. See the Pick 3 and Pick 4 Prize Charts for examples of the different Bet Types.
3. Choose the Amount you wish to wager per panel ($.50, $1.00 or Combo Wager for $.25, $.50 or $1.00 per each wager. A Combo (“Combination”) wager is the equivalent of 4, 6, 12 or 24 straight wagers.) The amount you pay for your ticket will be based on the amount you wager for each panel you play, times the number of draws you choose.
Note: For Straight/Box bets, you must select the $.50 wager amount on your playslip. Total ticket cost will be $1.00 ($.50 for Straight/$.50 for Box).
4. Mark the Time of Draw you wish to play. You can choose Midday, Evening or Both. If you choose both, you will receive two tickets, one for Midday and one for Evening.
5. Advance Play is an option that allows you to play your number(s) for one or more drawings in the future, NOT TODAY. If you wish to play your number(s) for more than one drawing, mark the day of the week on which you want your drawings to begin and then mark the Number of Draws. The Number of Draws available for Advance Play is determined by the day of the first draw and cannot exceed more than six days after the date of purchase. Be sure to indicate on your playslip if you want Midday, Evening or Both.
6. Select the Number of Draws you want to play, including the next drawing, if you wish to play your numbers for the next two, three, four, five, six or seven drawings. Be sure to indicate on your playslip if you want Midday, Evening or Both. For example, if you select three draws and select Both, you will receive two tickets, one for the next three Midday drawings and one for the next three Evening drawings. Only mark if you want to play your numbers for more than one drawing.
You will receive a ticket once you have made your selections and given your playslip to the Lottery retailer. Be sure to save your ticket to claim any winnings you may receive.