Please read all of the Terms, including Notices and Policies. Only use this website or Site if you agree to the Terms, Notices, and Policies.
This website contains information related to the products and services of the Maryland State Lottery and Gaming Control Agency, an agency of the state of Maryland. These provisions contain the terms and conditions applicable to your use of the Site and the services, products, and information on the Site.
Other applicable terms, conditions, limitations, or exclusions related to our products, services, and the Site may be contained in other portions of the Site.
Thank you for visiting Maryland State Government. We take data security and the privacy of your personal information very seriously. Maryland law mandates that State agencies shall not create personal records unless the need for the information is clearly established and that personal records shall be appropriate and relevant to the purposes for which they are collected, be accurate and current to the greatest extent possible, and not be obtained by fraudulent means. A State official who requests personal information from a person must notify the person regarding the purpose for which the information is collected; consequences to the person for refusing to provide the personal information; the person’s right to inspect, amend, or correct personal records; whether the information is generally available for public inspection; and whether the information is made available to or shared with other entities.
Information Collected and Stored Automatically
When you browse these web sites, read pages, or download information, certain information about your visit may be automatically gathered and stored. This information does not identify you personally and includes the following:
- The internet domain (example: aol.com) and the IP address (the number automatically assigned to your computer when surfing the Web) from which you access our portal;
- The type of browser and operating system used to access our site;
- The date and time you access our site;
- The pages you visit;
- The address from which you linked to our website.
This information is used to make these web sites more useful to visitors, to learn about the number of visitors to our site, and the types of technology our visitors use. We do not track or record identifying information about individuals and their visits.
These web sites may use “temporary cookies” to track User navigation in order to make the User experience more useful. A temporary cookie is erased when the User closes the Web browser. The “temporary cookie”, also called a session cookie, is stored in temporary memory in the form of a text file on your computer, and is erased after the browser session is ended. No identifying User information is collected and stored on other computers anywhere. We store no personal information based on your visit to a www.mdlottery.com online network web site.
If you Contact Us, or if you send other email to the Maryland Lottery, we use the information you send us to respond to your inquiry, just as we do with written correspondence. E-mail correspondence, like mailed correspondence, may become a public record. As a public record, your correspondence could be disclosed to other parties upon their request, in accordance with Maryland’s public records law.
Please refer to the Department of Information Technology website for additional details on information technology policies in Maryland. The State of Maryland is committed to providing you with websites over which you may securely and confidently transact business with the State.
By Using this Site, You Agree to these Terms – for General Use of Site and for Submissions
Change, Suspension or Termination: We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to change, suspend or terminate your use of this Site or the services, products and information on this Site at any time for any reason (including, without limitation, if we learn that you have violated these terms) without notice to you. You agree that we shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any change, suspension of termination of your use of this Site or the services, products and information on this Site.
As a User of www.mdlottery.com® and/or any other part of the www.mdlottery.com online network (defined above under “Disclaimer”), you may submit video content (“User Videos”), photographs (“User Photos”), audio (“User Audio”) and textual content (“User Comments”). User Videos, User Photos, User Audio and User Comments are collectively referred to as “User Submissions.” You understand that whether or not such User Submissions are published, the Maryland Lottery does not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to any User Submissions.
By submitting User Submissions to the www.mdlottery.com online network, you hereby agree to these Terms & Conditions and all other policies and notices on this website or Site (“Terms”) and grant the Maryland State Lottery and Gaming Control Agency, the Maryland State Lottery and Gaming Control Commission, and the State of Maryland a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to use, share, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform the User Submissions in connection with the Maryland Lottery’s business, including without limitation promoting and redistributing part or all of the www.mdlottery.com online network in any media formats and through any media channels. The Maryland Lottery may utilize online media sites and/or channels and their products, which may include but not be limited to Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube’s Application Programming Interfaces (“APIs”), to collect, enable, reproduce, distribute, display, manage and/or host User Submissions while retaining all rights to those Submissions. You also hereby grant each mdlottery.com online network visitor a non-exclusive, royalty-free license to access your User Submissions through the www.mdlottery.com online network and to use, reproduce, distribute, display, and perform such User Submissions as permitted through the functionality of the www.mdlottery.com online network and under these Terms. You also understand and agree that the Maryland Lottery and its representatives may retain server copies of User Submissions that have been received and used or displayed, that have been received but not used or displayed, or that have been removed or deleted. The above licenses granted by you are perpetual and irrevocable. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Maryland Lottery maintains and reserves the right to discontinue use of any Maryland Lottery site including any part or parts of the www.mdlottery.com online network at any time and for any reason.
In connection with User Submissions, you further agree that you will not submit material that is copyrighted, trademarked, protected by trade secret, or otherwise subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless you are the owner of such rights or have permission from their rightful owner to post the material and to grant the Maryland Lottery all of the license rights granted in these Terms, and by posting that material you do grant the Maryland Lottery all of the license rights granted in these Terms.
All opinions stated in User Submissions to the www.mdlottery.com online network are those of the User/submitter and not necessarily those of the Maryland Lottery. The Maryland Lottery does not endorse any User Submissions or any opinion, recommendation, or advice expressed therein, and the Maryland Lottery expressly disclaims any and all liability in connection with User Submissions.
The Maryland Lottery does not permit copyright-infringing activities and infringement of intellectual property rights on its www.mdlottery.com online network, and the Maryland Lottery will remove all content and User Submissions if properly notified that such content or User Submission infringes on another’s intellectual property rights. The Maryland Lottery reserves the right to remove, for any reason, any User Submissions without prior notice.
User Submissions will not be published until the Maryland Lottery or one of its approved representatives has approved a User Submission. The Maryland Lottery reserves the right to review all User Submissions before posting and to delete or not post any and all User Submissions for any reason including but not limited to User Submissions judged by the Maryland Lottery or its approved representative(s) to be inappropriate, harmful, offensive, or threatening.
Privacy – for General Use of Site and for Submissions
As an agency of the State of Maryland, the Maryland Lottery is governed by the Public Information Act as stated in the Maryland Annotated Code. Therefore this site and the rest of the www.mdlottery.com online network [defined in “Disclaimer”], and all User Submissions are governed by section 10-611 et. seq. of the State Government Article and as applicable, Maryland Lottery Regulations and Policy regarding Public Records.
Except as required by law, the Maryland Lottery is not under any obligation of confidentiality, express or implied, with respect to User Submissions. Further, to the extent permitted by law, the Maryland Lottery shall be entitled to use and/or disclose (or choose not to use or disclose) such User Submissions for any purpose, in any way, in any media worldwide.
Furthermore, all Submissions and User account information are subject to State of Maryland and Maryland Lottery Records Retention laws and policies.
Rules for Use– for General Use of Site and for Submissions
By using the www.mdlottery.com online network, you agree to the following with regard to or on, from, or to any portion of the www.mdlottery.com online network:
- You will not send or otherwise post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam) anywhere on the www.mdlottery.com online network.
- You will not collect www.mdlottery.com online network content or information except as otherwise provided herein and/or Users’ content or information, or otherwise access the www.mdlottery.com network, using automated means, such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers.
- You will not engage in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid scheme, on the www.mdlottery.com online network.
- You will not upload viruses or other malicious code to the www.mdlottery.com online network.
- You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
- You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any User.
- You will not post content or transmit anything that is hateful, threatening, pornographic, false, infringing, misleading, abusive, harassing, libelous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic, or profane, or that contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence, or that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law.
- You will not develop or operate a third-party application containing, advertising or otherwise marketing alcohol-related, tobacco-related, or other mature content.
- You will not offer any contest, giveaway, or sweepstakes (“promotion”) on the www.mdlottery.com online network without our prior written consent. If we consent, you take full responsibility for the promotion, and you will follow all applicable laws.
- You will not use the www.mdlottery.com online network to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
- You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working of the www.mdlottery.com online network, such as a denial of service attack.
- You will not provide any false personal information on the www.mdlottery.com online network, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without that person’s permission.
- You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of these Terms.
- The Maryland Lottery reserves the right to remove without prior notice any and all User Submissions for any reason, including any violation of these Terms.
- Use of the Site is governed by the Terms.
- If the Maryland Lottery requests information from Users via any survey or contest, participation is voluntary. User may subscribe to Lottery’s newsletters. Demographic information may be requested for access to a survey, contest, or newsletter.
- The Maryland Lottery may at any time, and without notice, revise any of the policies, notices and/or Terms on the www.mdlottery.com online network. You are bound by any such revisions. Therefore, you should periodically visit the policies, notices and Terms to review the current policies, notices and Terms.
- The Terms and all other policies and notices on this Site, as well as your use of the www.mdlottery.com online network, are governed by the laws of the State of Maryland, without regard to its choice of law provisions. You expressly agree that exclusive jurisdiction for any claim, dispute, action, or proceedings with the Maryland Lottery or relating in any way to your use of the www.mdlottery.com online network instituted by you resulting from, arising out of, relating to or in connection with use of this Site, the information, products and services provided on this Site or these Terms resides exclusively in the State courts located in Baltimore City, Maryland, United States of America. You further agree and expressly consent to the exercise of personal jurisdiction in the courts of Maryland in connection with any such dispute, including any claim involving MD Lottery or any of their affiliates, subsidiaries, employees, officials, contractors, officers, directors, vendors and content providers.
User Submissions automatically become the property of the Maryland Lottery without any obligation of the Maryland Lottery to you. You are not entitled to any compensation or reimbursement of any kind from the Maryland Lottery under any circumstances, though the Maryland Lottery reserves the right in certain circumstances to provide compensation at standard industry rates for usage of User Submissions in television and/or radio broadcast media and certain print media. Any such arrangement, if approved by the Maryland Lottery, will be explicitly set forth in a separate agreement which agreement will only be effective if signed by an authorized representative of the Maryland Lottery.
Except for third party content, the contents of this Site are copyrighted by us. All rights are reserved. Except the use of any widget in accordance with the widgets’ paragraph of these Terms, except as otherwise provided in Notice regarding documents available on this website and the www.mdlottery.com online network, in the Disclaimer on this Site, no part of this Site or the services, products and information on this Site may be reproduced or transmitted in any form by any means without our express written permission. Without limiting the foregoing, you shall not (i) direct link, inline link, deep link, or otherwise hyperlink any page of this Site other than the home page; or (ii) page-scrape, robot, spider, hack, password mine or use any similar automatic or manual program or process to use the Site. We retain and exclusively own all right, title and interest in and to our computer programs, software, and technology (“Technology”), our trademarks, trade names, brand names, logotypes, symbols, service marks, domain names, and the goodwill of the business symbolized thereby (“Trademarks”) and our methodologies, processes, techniques, ideas, concepts, trade secrets and know-how (“Knowledge”), as well as our copyrights, patents, trade dress or other intellectual property rights, including, without limitations, any Technology, Trademarks, knowledge or copyrights, patents, trade dress or other intellectual property rights developed, generated or supplied by you in connection with your use of this Site and the services, products and information on this Site.
The service, products and information on this Site include access to this Site’s widget(s), which can be placed on personal and public pages on this Site, other web sites that you either own or are legally permitted to access, or your computer’s desktop. You may not change or modify any widget on the Site or any component of a Maryland Lottery widget in whole or in part. For example, you may not remove or alter any proprietary notice or legend on a Maryland Lottery widget regarding our proprietary rights in such widget. You may also not use the Maryland Lottery widget in violation of applicable law. For example, you may not use this widget to display, transmit or otherwise provide access to any unlawful, infringing, libelous, obscene or harassing content of any kind. You acknowledge and agree that we may use data capture, syndication analysis and other similar tools to track, extract, compile, aggregate and analyze any data or information resulting from use of any widget on this Site. To the extent that any such data or information is collected, we exclusively own such data or information and may use such data or information for any lawful purpose. The provisions of this paragraph are in addition to, and not intended to limit or modify, the proprietary rights provisions of these Terms.
Limitation of Liability– for General Use of Site and for Submissions
You agree that your use of the www.mdlottery.com online network shall be at your sole risk. MD Lottery shall not be liable to you for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive, or consequential damages whatsoever resulting from any (i) errors, mistakes, or inaccuracies of content, (ii) personal injury or property damage, of any nature whatsoever, resulting from your access to and use of the www.mdlottery.com online network, (iii) any unauthorized access to or use of our secure servers and/or any and all personal information and/or financial information stored therein, (iv) any interruption or cessation of transmission to or from our online network, (iv) any bugs, viruses, Trojan horses, or the like, which may be transmitted to or through www.mdlottery.com online network by us or any third party or any other way, and/or (v) any errors or omissions in any content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of your use of any content posted, emailed, transmitted, or otherwise made available via www.mdlottery.com online network , whether based on warranty, contract, tort, or any other legal theory, and whether or not the Maryland Lottery is advised of the possibility of such damages. The foregoing Limitation of Liability shall apply to the fullest extent permitted by law.
You specifically acknowledge that the MD Lottery shall not be liable for User Submissions or the defamatory, offensive, or illegal conduct, language, submission, or posting of any third party and that the risk of harm or damage from the foregoing rests entirely with you.
Indemnification and Release– for General Use of Site and for Submissions
You, on behalf of yourself, your spouse, your partner, anyone relying on you for support, anyone entitled to act on your behalf, as well as your legal representatives, personal representatives, executors, heirs, administrators, assigns, and insurers, hereby expressly release and discharge MD Lottery from, and waive as against MD Lottery, and agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless MD Lottery, MD Lottery’s affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, independent contractors, agents, and other representatives for, from and against any and all claims, demands, suits, and causes of action, for any and all losses, liabilities, costs, expenses, and damages of any kind, whether direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive, or consequential, liabilities, costs, expenses, obligations, and/or debt, including damage to property, personal injury, and death, and other damages (including but not limited to attorney’s fees) directly or indirectly resulting from, arising out of, relating to or in connection with: (i) your use of and/or access to www.mdlottery.com, this Site, or the services, products, or information on this Site; (ii) your violation of any term of these Terms; (iii) your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any copyright, property, or privacy right; and/or (iv) any claim that one of your User Submissions caused damage to a third party. This paragraph is intended to be applicable to the maximum extent allowed by law. This waiver and release, defense and indemnification obligation will survive these Terms, the www.mdlottery.com online network, and your use of www.mdlottery.com.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify, add or remove any portion of these
Terms, in whole or in part, at any time, which shall be effective when notice of such is posted on this Site. Your continued use of this Site after such posting shall be considered acceptance of those changes, modifications, additions or removals. These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and us in connection with your use of this Site and the information, products and services provided on this Site, except for any additional terms and conditions for which you will be notified or prompted by this Site that you are agreeing to before proceeding. Any cause of action you may have with respect to use of this Site or the information, products and services provided on this Site must be commenced within one (1) year after the claim or cause of action arises. If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision of these terms to be unenforceable, then such provision shall be enforced to the maximum extent permissible by law so as to effect the intent of these Terms and the remainder of these Terms shall continue in full force and effect.
Survival of Terms
In the event of any termination of these Terms, then the following terms shall survive indefinitely:
- proprietary rights, widgets, disclaimers, limitation of liabilities, events beyond control and indemnification provisions and paragraphs set forth above;
- other provisions noted above or elsewhere in the Terms as surviving; and
- this paragraph.
In accordance with Article 49B of the Annotated Code of Maryland, and the federal Americans with Disabilities Act (“ADA”), the Maryland State Lottery and Gaming Control Agency (“Lottery”, “Maryland Lottery”, “we”, “us”, or “our”) has an obligation to ensure that its services, programs, and activities are accessible to individuals with disabilities.
Accordingly, the Maryland Lottery is making every effort to ensure that information available to its players is accessible to all. If you encounter problems when trying to access the Maryland Lottery’s website, please let us know as soon as possible so that the Maryland Lottery can attempt to correct the problem.
You can e-mail us, call 410-230-8800 or call the Maryland Lottery’s TTY number 1-800-735-2258. Please be as specific as possible when describing the problem of the Maryland State Lottery page and the requested information. The Maryland Lottery will do its best to provide you with the information in an alternative format.
The content of the mdlottery.com® web site or any other site owned, operated, licensed, sponsored or controlled by the Maryland Lottery®, including linked sites such as mdgaming.com, mdlottery.com/retailercorner, mdgamblinghelp.org, My Lottery Rewards sites which include mdlottery.com/rewards and mdlottery.com/shop, (including links to other websites or servers), Social Media Sites (including Facebook, Twitter, and You Tube), any e-mail message, text message, and short message service (“SMS”), and/or other media, and/or any related microsites and/or derivative works of any of the above (hereinafter collectively referred to as “www.mdlottery.com online network” or “Site”) comes from a variety of public and private information sources. All information on the www.mdlottery.com online network (including this site) is entered manually and is subject to human error. Although effort has been made to provide complete and accurate information, the information should always be verified before it is used in any way. The State of Maryland, the Maryland State Lottery and Gaming Control Agency, the Maryland State Lottery and Gaming Control Commission, their agents, members, employees, representatives, officials, officers, directors, affiliates, retailers, successors and/or assigns (collectively and individually, “MD Lottery”) make no warranty, express or implied, and do not assume any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information from the www.mdlottery.com online network.
Under no circumstances, including any MD Lottery negligence, shall MD Lottery be liable for any damages of any kind, whether direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive, consequential, or other damages, including costs, expenses (including attorneys’ fees), liabilities, and losses of any kind whatsoever that may result from the use or inability to use the www.mdlottery.com online network, including without limitation, use of or reliance on information available on the www.mdlottery.com online network, interruptions, errors, defects, mistakes, omissions, deletions of files, delays in operation or transmission, non-delivery of information, disclosure of communications, or any other failure, action, inaction, or performance. MD Lottery does not warrant that any information on the www.mdlottery.com online network is complete or accurate, or that the www.mdlottery.com online network will be uninterrupted or error free. MD Lottery MAKES NO WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS, FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR ASSUMED LIABILITY FOR THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS OR USEFULNESS OF INFORMATION FROM THIS SERVER OR THE LINKS TO SERVERS ON THE LOTTERY’S HOME PAGE.
Limitation of Liabilities. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF PROFITS OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES), EVEN IF YOU OR WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITIES OF THOSE DAMAGES, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY RESULTING FROM, ARISING OUT OF, RELATING TO OR IN CONNECTION WITH: (1) YOUR USE OR INABILITY TO USE THIS SITE OR THE INFORMATION, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES ON THIS SITE; (2) ANY STATEMENT OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY THIRD PART CONTENT IN OUR WIDGET); OR (3) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATED TO THIS SITE OR THE INFORMATION, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES ON THIS SITE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT PERMIT THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. OTHERWISE, THIS PARAGRAPH IS INTENDED TO BE APPLICABLE TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW.
MD LOTTERY MAKES NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ABOUT , THE SUITABILITY, RELIABILITY, AVAILABILITY, QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS, CONTENT, CURRENCY, TIMELINESS, ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, USEFULNESS, FREEDOM FROM COMPUTER VIRUS, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY RIGHTS of any of the design, content, information, text, graphics, images, pages, interfaces, links, software, or other materials and items contained in or displayed on the www.mdlottery.com online network. All such items and materials are provided on an “AS IS” basis, and you are fully and solely responsible for your use of them and for any results or consequences of your use (any player, user, any person who submits content or other material, and/or any other person who visits or uses the www.mdlottery.com online network is referred to herein as “User”, “Users”, “you”, or “your”). YOUR USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. Commercial use of any content or information on the www.mdlottery.com online network is prohibited without the prior written permission of the Maryland Lottery.
Any reference obtained from the www.mdlottery.com online network to a specific company, commercial product, process, service, or link does not constitute or imply an endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by the MD Lottery of the company, commercial product, process, service or link.
For all Maryland-based games, the Maryland Lottery official winning numbers list is the only source for official winning numbers. For all multi-state games, the official winning numbers from each of those drawings is the only source for official winning numbers. The MD Lottery shall not be held responsible for numbers displayed or reported in any location. All claims for winning game tickets must pass all validation requirements of the Maryland Lottery before payment of prize winnings is received.
The Maryland Lottery may at any time, and without notice, revise any of the policies, notices and/or Terms on the www.mdlottery.com online network. You are bound by any such revisions. Therefore, you should periodically visit the policies, notices and Terms to review the current policies, notices and Terms.
Events Beyond Control. Under no circumstances shall we be held liable for any delay or failure of this Site or of the services, products and information on this Site directly or indirectly resulting from, arising out of, relating to or in connection with events beyond our reasonable control, including, without limitation, Internet failures, equipment failures, electrical power failures, strikes, labor disputes, riots, insurrections, civil disturbances, shortages of labor or materials, fires, floods, storms, earthquakes, explosions, acts of God, war terrorism, intergalactic struggles, governmental actions, orders of courts, agencies or tribunals or non-performance of third parties. The provisions of this paragraph are in addition to, and not intended to limit or modify, the limitation of liabilities provisions of these Terms.
Notice regarding documents available on this website and the www.mdlottery.com online network:
Unless otherwise noted, the Site and all of its contents are owned by the Maryland Lottery or others with all rights reserved.
The Maryland Lottery grants you permission to use documents (such as reports, publications, press releases, data sheets and FAQs) from mdlottery.com®, provided that:
- both the copyright, trademark, and/or service mark notice and this permission notice appear in all copies,
- use of such documents from this site is for information and personal or non-commercial use only and will not be copied or posted on any network computer or broadcast in any media, and
- no modifications of any documents are made.
Documents specified above do not include the design or layout of the mdlottery.com® website or of any other part of the www.mdlottery.com online network; they also do not include images of people or places. Elements of all portions of the www.mdlottery.com online network are protected by trade dress, trademark, service mark, copyright, unfair competition, and other laws and may not be copied or imitated in whole or in part. No mark, logo, graphic, sound or image from any portion of the www.mdlottery.com online network may be copied, retransmitted, or used unless prior express written permission is obtained from the Maryland Lottery. No mark, logo, graphic, sound or image from any portion of the www.mdlottery.com online network may be copied, retransmitted, or used in a manner which suggests the Maryland Lottery ’s association with or endorsement of any product, service, opinion or cause unless prior express written permission is obtained from the Maryland Lottery.
The documents and related graphics published on this site or elsewhere on the www.mdlottery.com online network could include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. The Maryland Lottery may make changes in any of those sites at any time.
See also Terms and Conditions.
Notice regarding documents and services available on this website:
Users [defined in “Disclaimer”] entering materials anywhere on the www.mdlottery.com online network are responsible for the content of that material. MD Lottery has no responsibility for the content of any messages or information posted by Users or for the content of information of third parties on the Internet, even if accessed through the www.mdlottery.com online network. The Maryland Lottery does retain the right, which it may or may not exercise, in its sole discretion, to review, edit or delete from the server any third party material that the Maryland Lottery deems to be inappropriate in any way.
In no event shall MD Lottery be liable for any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, whether in an action of contract, negligence or other tort action, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of documents, provision or failure to provide services, or information available from this service.
Use of any document, or information from any document, from anywhere on the www.mdlottery.com online network constitutes a release and discharge by the User of MD Lottery of and from all claims and demands of whatsoever kind or nature, actions, and causes of action, damages, punitive damages, costs, loss of services, attorney’s fees, costs of litigation, and money benefits or compensation of any kind, whether in law or equity, whether now known or unknown, liquidated or unliquidated, foreseeable or unforeseeable, for or because of any matter or thing done, omitted or suffered to be done, or caused by the use of the said document. See also Terms and Conditions.
Links to third party sites:
Any linked sites within the www.mdlottery.com online network may not be control by the Maryland Lottery, and MD Lottery is not responsible for the contents, privacy practices, or security of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site, or any changes or updates to such sites (including, without limitation, any third party content in any widget on the Site). MD Lottery is not responsible for webcasting or any other form of transmission received from any linked site. The Maryland Lottery is providing these links to you only as a convenience; the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by any of MD Lottery or any of the www.mdlottery.com online network of any content, or of any products, or services available, on any linked sites. If you establish a link to the Site or to any linked sites, you do so at your own risk.
*Maryland Lottery and mdlottery.com are trademarks of the Maryland State Lottery and Gaming Control Agency. All rights reserved. The Maryland Lottery’s trademarks and other logos may not be used without the prior written consent of the Maryland Lottery. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site.
- “Lottery”, “Maryland Lottery”, “we”, “us”, and “our” defined under the heading “Accessibility”.
- “MD Lottery” defined under the heading “Disclaimer”.
- “Site” defined under the heading “Disclaimer”.
- “SMS” defined under the heading “Disclaimer”.
- “Terms” defined under the heading “Terms and Conditions” under “Content Submissions”.
- “User”, “Users”, “you”, and “your” defined under the heading “Disclaimer”.
- “User Submissions”, “User Videos”, “User Photos”, “User Audio”, and “User Comments” defined under the heading “Terms and Conditions” under “Content Submissions”.
- “www.mdlottery.com online network” defined under the heading “Disclaimer”.
My Lottery Rewards
Waiver and Release of All Liability (My Lottery Rewards™ Points for Drawings® Registrant – Drawing Entrant)
In consideration of the promises and mutual covenants and benefits contained herein, and other good and valuable consideration, including but not limited to receipt of any Maryland State Lottery and Gaming Control Agency or any successor entity (“Lottery”) My Lottery Rewards™ Points for Drawings® drawing (“Drawing”) prize (collectively and/or separately referred to as, “Prize”), whether won by me or someone else, both the receipt and legal sufficiency of which I hereby acknowledge, I, the Drawing Winner identified below (herein, “Winner”, “I”, “me”, “my”, or “myself”), being of lawful age, for and on behalf of myself, my spouse, my partner, any guest, any attendees, individuals who partake of the Prize in my stead, any other individual(s) who partake of, use, or are affected by the Prize, anyone relying on me for support, anyone entitled to act on my behalf, as well as my legal representatives, personal representatives, executors, heirs, administrators, assigns and insurers (jointly “Releasors” and severally, “Releasor”), hereby:
- Acknowledge, understand, agree, and represent that: I am the Registrant and if I win I will be the winner of the Prize in the Drawing; unless the Drawing rules for a Drawing (“Drawing Rules”) provide otherwise, MDI Entertainment, LLC (“MDI”) will provide the Prize and will complete fulfillment of the Prize; the value of the Prize is subject to change; I am solely responsible for all tax liabilities, including income taxes, all service charges and all other expenses incurred in connection with the receipt of the Prize; for tax and other purposes, I agree to accept the estimated value of the Prize provided by MDI or the Lottery; if I owe State Obligations, which include but are not limited to child support and/or certain other obligations to a State agency or other governmental entity, then I must pay those outstanding State Obligations ; all amounts paid to me or on my behalf will be included in my reportable income and I understand that I will be and I agree to be taxed on those amounts; and if for any reason the Prize (or any portion thereof) cannot be awarded or if the Lottery determines to make a change, I agree, for and on behalf of myself and all Releasors, to accept any substitute prize of approximately equivalent or greater value (as determined by the Lottery) provided by MDI or the Lottery, or any rescheduling of the Prize, and to not assert any right or remedy on account of any substitution or rescheduling; additionally, a) if the Prize is valued at over $600 and is a merchandise, experiential, or Trip Prize , then I must pay those outstanding State Obligations in order for the Prize to be awarded to me; if any of those outstanding State Obligations are not paid off within five (5) business days (or if the Drawing Rules provide a different amount of time, then in the amount of time stated in the Drawing Rules) of my claiming the Prize, then I will be disqualified, the Prize will not be awarded to me, and an alternate winner will be selected; or b) if the Prize is a cash prize, then the Prize will be applied to my unpaid State Obligations, I will be taxed on the value of the cash prize, and I might owe further amounts. I represent for and on behalf of myself and all Releasors that I am eighteen (18) years of age or older and that I am not i) a member of the Maryland State Lottery and Gaming Control Commission (“Commission”), an officer or employee of the Lottery, or of any of the Lottery’s vendors, including its advertising agencies, its broadcast station (WBAL-TV), MDI, or any parent, affiliate, subsidiary, or subcontractor of any of them, and/or ii) a member of the immediate family (spouse, domestic partner, child, parent, parent-in-law, or sibling) living in the same principal residence as any of the above members, officers or employees.
- Agree to accept the Prize subject to all terms and conditions of the Drawing’s Official Rules and Conditions of Eligibility (“Rules”) and of this Waiver and Release of All Liability (“Waiver and Release”), which I have read in full; agree to accept the Prize as is; and acknowledge that the Lottery makes no representations or warranties, express or implied, about any of the Prize. Further, I represent that I have complied with all the rules, conditions, and regulations of the Drawing and Rules and that I have perpetrated no fraud or deception in entering the Drawing or in claiming the Prize. I further acknowledge, understand, and agree, for and on behalf of myself, any and all of my guests, and all other Releasors, that if I am not able or do not elect to accept, receive, or participate in the Prize for any reason whatsoever, I am not entitled to make, and hereby release each Indemnitee (defined below) from, any claim for any alternate or substitute prize or any compensation in any form in lieu of the Prize; and that the Prize is not redeemable for cash, is not refundable, is not exchangeable, and is subject to availability, and may not be sold.
- Acknowledge that I am aware of the following facts: The Prize, and each portion of it, involves certain inherent risks, dangers and hazards that can result in injury to property and/or persons, and serious personal injury, or death, including but not limited to, risks involved in attending and/or participating in sports, using mechanical equipment, interacting with other people, ingesting food or drink, acts of God, war or other violence, and acts of terrorism or civil disturbance, and participation in activities, including all potential activities and purchases related to this Prize. I freely agree, for myself and for each Releasor, to assume and accept all known and unknown risks of injury arising out of the Prize.
- Freely assume for and on behalf of myself and all Releasors all risk of injury to my person or property, and the person or property of any Releasor and of any other individual, person, or entity (jointly or severally, “Person”) resulting from my or any Releasor’s acceptance or use of the Prize, however caused, whether intentionally or unintentionally, whether due to the act, omission or negligence of any Person including an Indemnitee, and whether occurring prior to, during or after any acceptance or use of the Prize, or any related activity. I and each Releasor expressly release, waive, and discharge each and every Indemnitee from any and all liability to me and to any and all Releasors and other Persons from any and all loss or damage, and any claims and damages resulting from the use of the Prize, on account of injury to my person or property, and/or to the person or property of any Releasor and/or any other Person, even injury resulting in my death and/or the death of any Releasor and/or any other Person, whether caused by the negligence of any Indemnitee or any other Person or otherwise as a consequence of the Prize or while I am, or any Releasor or any other Person is, in any manner engaged in any activity as a result of or related to use of the Prize. Indemnitee (defined below) shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitutions or any act or omission whatsoever by any Indemnitee or any other Person providing any services or accommodations to me or to any Releasor or any other Person, including any results thereof such as changes in services or accommodations necessitated by the same.
- Release, acquit, and forever discharge each Indemnitee of and from any and all actions, causes of action, claims or demands for damages, costs, loss of use, loss of services, expenses, compensation, consequential damages or any other thing whatsoever including claims for contribution on account of, or in any way growing out of, any and all known and unknown, liquidated or unliquidated, foreseeable or unforeseeable personal injuries including death and/or property damage resulting or to result from use of the Prize, even as the result of negligence of any Indemnitee or any other Person. I, on behalf of myself and each Releasor, acknowledge and assume all risk, change or hazard that any such injuries or damages that may occur may be or become permanent, progressive, greater, or more extensive than is now known, anticipated or expected. No promise or inducement that is not herein expressed has been made to me or to any Releasor, and in executing this Waiver and Release, I do not rely on any statement or representation made by any Person hereby released.
- Agree and promise to indemnify, hold harmless, and defend each Indemnitee that is sued and/or made a party to any claim or proceeding which is initiated or brought by me, any Releasor, or any other Person or on my or their behalf, arising out of the Prize or arising out of any medical or other treatment rendered in connection with any injury or any potential injury arising out of the Prize against any and all costs, expenses and losses, including counsel fees, even if the suit, claim, or proceeding is based on the negligence of any Indemnitee or any other Person.
- Understand and, acknowledge that the Lottery and MDI are providing the Drawing and/or Prize for promotional purposes and hereby grant, consent and agree to the following, without limitation and without further compensation: a) to publicity and to have my and/or any Releasor’s name, likeness, photographs, and/or hometown, and/or state, as well as descriptions or accounts of the Drawing and/or Prize and my and/or any Releasor’s participation therein or use of the Prize in any and all media, including hometown publications, airings on TV, radio, text messages, social media such as Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, and in other media and in other publicity, as well as used in Lottery publications and advertisements, Lottery mailings, and/or other Lottery-related activities, including mailing lists, b) to participate in a prize presentation ceremony as determined by the Lottery, c) to sign news and press release forms, d) to sign waivers and releases of all liability, and e) to ensure that any guests of Winner and/or any other Releasors also sign waivers and releases of all liability and/or news and/or press release forms. I and each Releasor hereby assign to the Lottery any and all rights that I and/or any Releasor(s) may have in any of the above.
- Acknowledge, understand, and agree that Drawing Rules may require additional waivers and releases of all liability to be signed by me and each Releasor, and I agree to sign and to ensure that any required Releasors sign any additional waivers and releases of all liability.
- Agree that if any Indemnitee is adjudicated to be a joint tortfeasor with any other Person, including another Indemnitee, as to any claim arising out of, relating to, or resulting from use or acceptance of the Prize or from any other reason, then any award against that Indemnitee will be reduced by the pro-rata share of the award attributable to any other Person. Without limitation of the foregoing, I and each Releasor agree to return the Prize, or otherwise compensate the Lottery if any statement made by me in this Waiver and Release is false, or if I or any Releasor breach(es) any of the terms or conditions hereof.
- Agree that the laws of Maryland, except conflict of law principles, shall govern the interpretation and enforcement of this Waiver and Release.
- Agree that I am and each Releasor is responsible for and that no Indemnitee has any obligation to pay any judgment, settle any claim, or provide legal counsel or defense or pay any attorneys’ fees to me, any Releasor or any other Person, in the event that a suit, claim, or action of any character is brought by any Releasor or any other Person against me, any guest, any other Releasor, or any other Person including any Indemnitee as a result of or relating to my or any guest’s or any other Releasor’s or any other Person’s use of the Prize or as a result of any other reason.
- Agree: that if I choose to have any guest(s) share this Prize, it is my responsibility to ensure each and every guest agrees to and accepts all of the terms, conditions, waivers and releases in this Waiver and Release as if they had signed; and to have all guests read this Waiver and Release. I understand that as further consideration to me and my guests, I am not being required to fulfill the usual requirement of having each and every guest sign a waiver and release of all liability; however, if requested or required, I shall ensure any guest and/or any Releasor sign(s) a waiver and release of all liability.
- Acknowledge, understand and agree that the Lottery reserves the right to amend, change, modify, update, revise, add to, or remove any portion or all of this Waiver and Release at any time by providing notice through the My Lottery Rewards website.
Having read this Waiver and Release and in consideration of Lottery’s role and MDI’s role in providing the Drawing and/or Prize, I, for myself and any and all Releasors, hereby expressly and completely release and discharge the following, defined collectively and separately as “Indemnitee”: the Lottery, the Maryland State Lottery and Gaming Control Commission (“Commission”), the State of Maryland, and the affiliates, successors, assigns, owners, officers, officials, directors, employees, members, agents, representatives and independent contractors of each of them, and any other Persons involved in conceiving, offering, or holding the Drawing (however, I acknowledge that the Lottery, the Commission, the State of Maryland, and their members, officials, officers, and employees have no role in providing the Prize) from, and waive as against each Indemnitee, and agree to indemnify, hold harmless, and defend each Indemnitee against, any and all claims, causes of action, damages, costs, expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees), liabilities, and losses of any kind whatsoever which may arise out of, relate to or result from my or any Releasor’s acceptance or use of the Prize or from any other reason. In further consideration of not being required to provide the Lottery with waivers and releases of all liability signed by each of my Releasors, and my Releasor’s not being required to sign them, I have signed this Waiver and Release on behalf of myself and on behalf of each of my Releasors.
This Waiver and Release contains the ENTIRE AGREEMENT between each Indemnitee and me (and between each Indemnitee and all Releasors) regarding the issues addressed, and the terms of this Waiver and Release are contractual and not a mere recital. I further state that I have read carefully the foregoing Waiver and Release and know the contents thereof, and that I sign this Waiver and Release as my own free act and deed.