Mega Millions is an exciting big Jackpot game that begins at an incredible $12,000,000 and then grows even larger from there. Drawings occur every Tuesday and Friday night.
Mega Millions tickets cost $1 per game. Mega Millions tickets with Megaplier® cost $2 per game.
HOW TO PLAY
- Each playslip has five play areas or panels labeled A, B, C, D and E. You can play up to five Mega Millions plays on each playslip. Each play costs $1.
- A play consists of two fields. Select and mark five (5) numbers in the upper field and select and mark one (1) number in the lower field. If you select too many or too few numbers, your playslip will be rejected. The use of mechanical, electronic, computer-generated or any other non-manual method of marking playslips is prohibited.
- Make a heavy vertical mark through each number you choose. Use only pencil or blue or black ink. Red ink will not be accepted. If you make a mistake, mark the “VOID” box for that play area, then use any remaining open play areas to complete your selections. Please do not attempt to erase errors.
- If you want the terminal to randomly “Quick Pick” your numbers, mark either or both QP boxes, “QP5” for the upper field (White Balls) and/or “QP 1” for the lower field (Mega Ball), for each panel you want to play.
- Mark the Megaplier box if you wish to add the Megaplier option; that option adds $1 to each play, which doubles the amount you owe for your ticket.
- Mega Millions Drawings are held twice a week, on Tuesday and Friday nights. You can play the same numbers for 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, or 15 drawings in a row, including the next drawing, by marking the appropriate “NUMBER OF DRAWS” box. Multiply the number of drawings by the number of panels played to determine your cost. Double that amount if you play the Megaplier.
- Before you give your playslip to a Maryland Lottery retailer for processing, be sure to verify that the numbers you selected on your playslip are the numbers you want to play. It is your responsibility to make sure your playslip represents the numbers you wish to play and the drawing(s) you want to enter.
MEGA MILLIONS TICKETS CANNOT BE CANCELLED OR VOIDED AFTER THEY HAVE BEEN PROCESSED.
HOW TO WIN
Every Tuesday and Friday night, five White Balls from 1 to 56 and one Mega Ball from 1 to 46 will be drawn. You win a prize by matching some or all of the numbers drawn, as shown in the Prize Structure.
There are nine ways to win Mega Millions prize money, depending on how many of your numbers match the numbers drawn. The Jackpot is pari-mutuel, so payment to each winner is determined by the number of winners for that particular drawing. All other Mega Millions prizes are set, ranging from $2 to $250,000!* (See * under Prize Structure)
If you add Megaplier and then win a Mega Millions prize normally paying $2 to $10,000 in the Mega Millions game immediately following the Megaplier drawing, that Mega Millions prize amount is increased 2, 3 or 4 times, depending on the Megaplier number drawn. The Megaplier number is randomly selected before each Mega Millions draw and will not appear on your ticket.
As a special bonus, if you add Megaplier and match five white balls (the prize normally paying $250,000), you automatically win $1,000,000.
Megaplier numbers do not apply to the Jackpot prize prize. See the Megaplier prize structure for more details on payout.
Tickets are valid only for the drawing dates shown. Sales for Mega Millions tickets cut off approximately 15 minutes prior to the Mega Millions drawing. Sales for the next drawing start immediately following the cut off.