THE GAME THAT KEEPS GETTING BIGGER
Every Wednesday and Saturday night, Powerball® gives you a chance to play for a jackpot starting at an estimated $40,000,000†. The jackpot keeps building whenever there is no winner. The longer the jackpot goes without being hit, the bigger it grows. And the bigger it grows, the more exciting the drawings become! More and more Marylanders join in on the fun with each jackpot roll.
The largest three Powerball jackpots ever are:
$590.5 Million — February 2013
$587.5 Million — November 2012
$564.1 Million — February 2015
Powerball® tickets will still cost $2 per game.
Powerball® with Power Play® will still cost $3 per game.
Where to Play
Play At Any Maryland Lottery Retailer
Powerball is readily available across the State. You can pick up a ticket at one of over 4,800 Maryland Lottery retailers.
Powerball is easy to play. Just pick any 5 numbers from 1 to 69 and a Powerball number between 1 and 26. Use favorite numbers, birthdays or your lucky numbers. The choice is yours. Picking the numbers is part of the fun! You can also choose the Quick Pick feature to get a randomly generated set of numbers.
Drawings occur on Wednesday and Saturday nights. You can watch the drawings on WBAL-TV at 11:22 pm. Check for results at mdlottery.com or on the MD Lottery mobile app to see if you’ve won. You can also check your tickets at any Maryland Lottery retailer.
Nine Ways To Win Playing Powerball
In addition to matching all 5 white ball numbers and the Powerball number to win the Top Powerball jackpot prize, there are 8 other ways to win prizes ranging from $4 to $1,000,000.
Be sure to always check your tickets closely to see if you’re a winner!
HOW TO PLAY
- Each playslip has five play areas (panels). You can play up to five Powerball® plays (panels) on each playslip. Each play costs $2.
- A play consists of two fields. Select and mark five (5) numbers from 1 to 69 in the upper field and select and mark one (1) number from 1 to 26 in the lower field. If you select too many or too few numbers, your playslip will be rejected. The use of mechanical, electronic, computer generated or any other non-manual method of marking playslips is prohibited.
- Make a heavy vertical mark through each number you choose. Use only pencil or blue or black ink. Red ink will not be accepted. If you make a mistake, mark the “VOID” box to the right of that panel, then use any remaining open panels to complete your selections. Please do not attempt to erase errors.
- If you want the terminal to randomly Quick Pick your numbers, then for each panel you want to play, mark the “QP” box in the upper field for the White Balls and/or the “QP” box in the lower fi eld for the Powerball, shown as a red ball in the prize structure.
- Mark the Power Play® box to add the Power Play option; that option adds $1 to each play.
- Powerball, drawings are held twice a week, on Wednesday and Saturday nights. You can play the same numbers for 2, 3, 4, 5, 10 or 15 drawings in a row, including the next drawing, by marking the appropriate “NUMBER OF DRAWS” box. Powerball costs $2 per play. Power Play adds an additional $1 per play. To determine your total Powerball cost:
Powerball: $2 x Number of Plays x Number of Drawings = Total Ticket Cost
Powerball with Power Play: $3 x Number of Plays x Number of Drawings = Total Ticket Cost
If you are a winner before the final day on your ticket, you can still cash your ticket immediately. You will receive an exchange ticket for the remaining days of play.
- Before you give your playslip to a Maryland Lottery retailer for processing, be sure to verify that the numbers selected on your playslip are the numbers you want to play. It is your responsibility to make sure your playslip represents the numbers you wish to play and the drawing(s) you want to enter. POWERBALL TICKETS CANNOT BE CANCELLED OR VOIDED AFTER THEY HAVE BEEN PROCESSED. Tickets are only valid for the drawing date(s) shown.
Ticket sales end approximately one hour before drawing time, and sales for the next game begin immediately.
Increase your winnings for an extra $1 per play when you mark the Power Play® option on your playslip.
- The Power Play multiplier numbers are 2, 3, 4, 5 and 10. The 10X multiplier will be available when the jackpot prize level is $150 million or less.
- On all except the Jackpot prize and the Match 5 ($1,000,000) prize, Power Play numbers are used to multiply your winnings in the Powerball game immediately following the Power Play drawing.
- For example, if you win $100 by matching 4 white balls and you added Power Play for $1, and the Power Play number drawn is 5, you multiply your winnings by 5 for a total winning amount of $500.
- If you play Power Play and you win the Match 5 prize, then your winning amount will be $1,000,000 regardless of the Power Play number selected.
- See the Powerball Payout Chart for prize amounts and probabilities. Power Play probabilities are approximate. Power Play does not apply to the Jackpot prize.
The Power Play number is randomly selected before each Powerball draw and will not appear on your ticket.
HOW TO WIN
Every Wednesday and Saturday night, five white balls from 1 to 69 and one red Powerball® from 1 to 26 will be drawn. You win a prize by matching some or all of the numbers drawn, as shown in the Powerball® Prize Structure. You can only win once per panel. Probabilities are rounded.
For Consumer Game Information, click here.