How to Play
Visit a Maryland Lottery Retailer
Provide the Maryland Lottery retailer with your playslip or use a self-service terminal to manually select your numbers or select “quick pick.” Before you use your playslip, be sure to verify that the numbers selected on your playslip are the numbers you want to play.
About Powerball Playslips:
- Playslips are available at any Maryland Lottery® retail location or create and use the e-playslip available on the MD Lottery mobile app.
- Each playslip has five play areas or panels. You can play up to five Powerball® plays on each playslip! Each play costs $2.
- A play consists of two fields. Select and mark five (5) numbers from 1 to 69 in the upper field and select and mark one Powerball number from 1 to 26 in the lower field. If you select too many or too few numbers, your playslip will be rejected.
- Make a heavy vertical mark through each number you choose. Use only pencil or blue or black ink. Red ink will not be accepted. If you make a mistake, mark the “VOID” box to the right of that panel. Then use any remaining open panels to complete your selections. Please do not attempt to erase errors.
- If you want the terminal to randomly “Quick Pick” your numbers, mark the “QP” box in the upper field for the White Balls and/or the “QP” box in the lower field for the Powerball for each play you want to purchase.
- Mark the Power Play® box to add the Power Play option; that option adds $1 to each play.
- Mark the Double Play box to add the Double Play option; that option adds $1 to each play.
- If you are using the ePlayslip on the MD Lottery mobile app, follow the same instructions, but instead of handing your paper playslip to the retailer for processing, your ePlayslip will be scanned from your mobile phone.
- It is your responsibility to make sure your playslip represents the numbers you wish to play, the drawing(s) you want to enter, and all other information you want.
Drawings – Play More than One!
Powerball drawings are held three times a week, on Monday, Wednesday and Saturday nights. You can play the same numbers for 2, 3, 4, 5, 10 or 15 drawings in a row, including the next drawing, by marking the appropriate “NUMBER OF DRAWS” box on a playslip or selecting the number of draws at the self-service terminal.
Powerball: $2 x Number of Plays x Number of Drawings = Total Ticket Cost
Powerball with Power Play: $3 x Number of Plays x Number of Drawings = Total Ticket Cost
Powerball with Double Play: $3 x Number of Plays x Number of Drawings = Total Ticket Cost
Powerball with Power Play and Double Play: $4 x Number of Plays x Number of Drawings = Total Ticket Cost
POWERBALL TICKETS CANNOT BE CANCELLED OR VOIDED AFTER THEY HAVE BEEN PROCESSED. Tickets are only valid for the drawing date(s) shown on the ticket. Ticket sales end approximately one hour before drawing time, and sales for the next game begin immediately. If you are a winner before the final day on your ticket, you can still cash your ticket immediately. You will receive an exchange ticket for the remaining days of play. Winning tickets must be cashed in the state/jurisdiction where they were purchased.
Increase your winnings for an extra $1 per play when you mark the Power Play® option on your playslip. On all except the Jackpot prize and the Match 5 ($1,000,000) prize, Power Play numbers are used to multiply your winnings in the Powerball game immediately following the Power Play drawing. The Power Play multiplier numbers are 2, 3, 4, 5 and 10. The 10X multiplier will be available when the jackpot prize level is $150 million or less.
How it Works
For example, if you win $100 by matching 4 white balls and you added Power Play for $1, and the Power Play number drawn is 5, you multiply your winnings by 5 for a total winning amount of $500. If you play Power Play and win the Match 5 prize, your winning amount will be doubled from $1 million to $2 million, regardless of the Power Play number selected. The Power Play number is randomly selected before each Powerball draw and will not appear on your ticket. The Power Play multiplier does not apply to the Jackpot prize.
See the Powerball Prize Structure for prize amounts and probabilities. Power Play probabilities of winning are approximate.
Add a little more fun with Powerball Double Play. It’s a second drawing that happens 30 minutes after every Powerball drawing, giving you the chance to win up to $10 million with the same numbers on your Powerball ticket.
How it Works
Powerball players can add the Double Play option to their Powerball ticket for an additional $1. Each Monday, Wednesday and Saturday, a separate Double Play drawing will be conducted approximately 30 minutes after the Powerball drawing. Adding Double Play makes the ticket eligible to win prizes in both the Powerball drawing and the Double Play drawing.
See the Powerball Prize Structure for prize amounts and probabilities. Double Play drawings have a prize structure separate from Powerball. Double Play probabilities of winning are approximate.
HOW TO WIN
Every Monday, Wednesday and Saturday night, five white balls from 1 to 69 and one red Powerball® from 1 to 26 will be drawn. You win a prize by matching some or all of the numbers drawn, as shown in the Powerball® Prize Structure. You can only win once per panel. Probabilities are rounded.
For Consumer Game Information, click here.