When Playing Lottery Games
- Buy tickets while visiting a store to purchase groceries or other essentials
- Reduce the amount of time you spend in line by asking for Quick Picks, using paper playslips or ePlayslips available on the Lottery’s mobile app
- Use your own pen or pencil to fill out paper playslips
- Use advance play options to buy multiple drawings in just one store visit:
- Up to seven days for Pick 3, Pick 4 and Bonus Match 5
- Up to 10 drawings for Multi-Match®
- Up to 15 drawings for Mega Millions®, Powerball® and Cash4Life®
- Purchase up to 100 Keno games with Packaged Keno to Go, then watch drawings on the Keno/Racetrax mobile app or on mdlottery.com anywhere or anytime you want
- Purchase mail-in subscriptions for Mega Millions®, Powerball®, Multi-Match® or Cash4Life®
- Use the Maryland Lottery app or the My Lottery Rewards app to scan your tickets, find out if they are winners and create ePlayslips
- Visit retailers with Lottery vending machines to limit face-to-face contact
- Bring scratch-offs home and pace your play to extend the fun — enter any non-winning scratch-offs into My Lottery Rewards for another chance to win prizes
When Claiming Prizes
- Any winning ticket can be redeemed by mail using the mail-in claim form. The form and all the details can be found on the How To Claim page. Please allow a minimum of 30 days for processing of mail-in claims.
- Winning tickets with a value up to $600 can be redeemed at any Lottery retailer. Winning tickets with a value up to $5,000 can be redeemed at any Expanded Cashing Authority Program (XCAP) location: view locations by city and retailer name.
- Claiming deadlines have been extended during the COVID-19 state of emergency. Read more about claim extensions.