More than a dozen tickets worth up to $2 million remain unclaimed in Maryland
During the Powerball jackpot run that ended Jan. 5 with a $632.6 million prize, 28 Maryland players picked up prizes of $50,000 or more. Two of those lucky winners claimed their $50,000 prizes this week while Marylanders with another $3.15 million in prizes of $50,000 and up had not done so as of Jan. 7.
On Jan. 6, the day after the jackpot was hit by players in two states, Maryland players from Mechanicsville in St. Mary’s County and from Hagerstown in Washington County claimed $50,000 prizes won on tickets purchased during the jackpot run.
The St. Mary’s County player, a 71-year-old man, purchased his $2 quick-pick ticket at Fred’s Liquor at 30090 Three Notch Road in Charlotte Hall. He won a third-tier prize by matching four regular balls plus the Powerball in the Dec. 18 drawing.
The player in Washington County, a 49-year-old woman, got her $50,000 winner at the Hagerstown Sunoco at 1000 Dual Highway in Hagerstown. She also won with a $2 quick-pick ticket in the Dec. 29 drawing.
The Maryland Lottery is ready to welcome the 12 players who have not yet claimed their substantial Powerball prizes. The top three unclaimed prizes are:
- $2 million — Sold Dec. 30 at Sam’s Lobby Shop, 10 North Calvert Street, Baltimore
- $1 million — Sold Dec. 20 at New Hampshire Sunoco, 6360 New Hampshire Avenue, Takoma Park
- $150,000 — Sold Oct. 27 at Rockville Service Center, 1900 Rockville Pike, Rockville
There are nine $50,000-winning tickets still unclaimed that were sold on these dates at these locations:
- Jan. 5 — Westlake Wine & Beer, 10442 Auto Park Avenue, Bethesda
- Jan. 5 — Crossroads Exxon, 8101 Ritchie Highway, Pasadena
- Jan. 1 — Marathon Gas, 201 Hanover Pike, Hampstead
- Dec. 27 — Wine World, 406 A Constant Friendship Boulevard, Abingdon
- Dec. 25 — 7-Eleven #11550, 7404 Laurel-Bowie Road, Bowie
- Dec. 24 — Papa Menu, 4 East Baltimore Street, Baltimore
- Dec. 24 — High’s #039, 4046 Ocean Gateway, Trappe
- Dec. 21 — Champagne Liquors, 5611 Landover Road, Hyattsville
- Oct. 27 — Rockville Service Center, 1900 Rockville Pike, Rockville
Lottery officials encourage all winners to sign the backs of their tickets immediately and put them in a safe location. Winners have 182 days from the date of the drawing to claim prizes. Instructions on claiming prizes in person or by mail are available HERE. The Lottery’s Claims Center in Baltimore is open by appointment only (no walk-ins). Click HERE to schedule an appointment.