Players won or claimed $30.4 million during the week ending Feb. 28
A scratch-off player in Catonsville became Maryland’s newest Lottery millionaire, a Powerball player in Harford County won $150,000, and scratch-off players in St. Mary’s and Prince George’s counties claimed $100,000 prizes, all in the past week.
The lucky Powerball player in Catonsville matched four of the first five numbers and the Power Ball number in the Feb. 24 drawing, winning a base prize of $50,000. The prize was tripled to $150,000 because the winner paid an extra $1 to add the Power Play option to the ticket, and the multiplier drawn on Feb. 24 was 3X.
Another four people claimed prizes of $50,000 or more last week on tickets purchased in Frederick, Hagerstown, Mitchellville and Pikesville.
All told, Maryland Lottery players across the state won or claimed nearly $30.4 million in the seven days ending Feb. 28, including 35 players who won or claimed prizes of $10,000 or more during the week.
Winners of prizes larger than $25,000 must redeem their tickets at the Maryland Lottery Claims Center in Baltimore, which is open by appointment only.
All Lottery retailers are authorized to cash winning tickets up to $600, and approximately 400 Expanded Cashing Authority Program (XCAP) retailers are authorized to cash tickets valued up to $5,000. Prizes up to and including $25,000 can be claimed at any of Maryland’s six casinos with no appointment necessary. More information is available on the How To Claim page of mdlottery.com.
Here is the weekly roundup of big winners:
Scratch-off Prizes Claimed From Feb. 22 Through Feb. 28:
$1 Million Prize
- Lucky 777, 40 West Shell, 700 North Rolling Road, Catonsville
- Holiday Luck X10, McKay’s Food & Drug, 37670 Mohawk Drive, Charlotte Hall
- Ravens $5 ticket, PG News, 3500 East West Highway, Hyattsville
- 20X The Cash, Old Orchard Liquors, 17619 Virginia Avenue, Hagerstown
- Deluxe Crossword 5th Edition, Pikesville Mobil, 1509 Reisterstown Road, Pikesville
- Rose Gold Black, D&S General Store, 3507 Enterprise Road, Mitchellville
- 2020 Cash, Royal Farms #071, 8235 Eastern Avenue, Baltimore
- 2020 Cash, Auburn Exxon, 7975 Old Georgetown Road, Bethesda
- 2020 Cash, Towson Wine & Spirits, 6 West Pennsylvania Avenue, Towson
- $10,000 Extreme Green, Downtown Amoco, 1100 South Hanover Street, Baltimore
- $100,000 Crossword 4th Edition, Keller’s Market, 15624 Livingston Road, Accokeek
- $100,000 Instant Jackpot, Columbia Auto Care & Wash, 10611 Little Patuxent Parkway, Columbia
- $500,000 Crossword, Ingleside Liquors, 5648 Baltimore National Pike, Catonsville
- 50X the Cash, Royal Farms #087, 379 Conowingo Road, Conowingo
- 50X the Cash, MGM National Harbor Casino, 101 MGM National Avenue, Oxon Hill
- Bankroll Buck$, Weis Market #206, 7927 Belair Road, Nottingham
- Bankroll Buck$, EZ Quick Food Market, 231 Mountain Road, Pasadena
- Bankroll Buck$, Suitland Beer & Wine, 6101 Suitland Road, Suitland
- Bonus Bingo X20, Towsontown Exxon, 201 East Joppa Road, Towson
- $, D&M Liquors, 1763-A Chesaco Avenue, Baltimore
- $, Honey Bee Liquors, 7509 Ritchie Highway, Glen Burnie
- Holiday Luck X10, Global Liquors, 4332 Erdman Avenue, Baltimore
- Ravens $5 ticket, 7-Eleven #23699, 600 Ritchie Highway, Severna Park
- Red Hot Riche$, Cradlerock Mart, 6810 Cradlerock Way, Columbia
- Terrific 10s, Beer, Wine ‘n’ Spirit Warehouse, 36 South Broadway, Frostburg
FAST PLAY and Draw Game Tickets Sold for Drawings From Feb. 22 Through Feb. 28:
- $10,000 Lucky Numbers ticket sold Feb. 28 at Hills Store, 29933 Point Lookout Road, Mechanicsville (unclaimed as of March 1)
- $80,000 ticket sold Feb. 23 at Bell’s Pit Beef, 1202 East Patrick Street, Frederick (unclaimed as of March 1)
- $40,000 ticket sold Feb. 22 at Eastgate Liquors, 10505 Greenbelt Road, Lanham (unclaimed as of March 1)
- $10,000 ticket sold Feb. 21 (prize won in Feb. 23 drawing) at Plaza Liquors, 4125 Mountain Road, Pasadena (unclaimed as of March 1)
- $150,000 ticket sold Feb. 24 at Wawa #559-E, 3530 Conowingo Road, Street (unclaimed as of March 1)
- $48,237 ticket sold Feb. 27 at Marlow Wings, 4147 Branch Avenue, Temple Hills (unclaimed as of March 1)
- $14,822 ticket sold Feb. 23 at Galleria Deli, 1419 York Road, Lutherville (unclaimed as of March 1)
- $11,112 ticket sold Feb. 24 at Valley Village Wine & Spirits, 9171 Reisterstown Road, Owings Mills (claimed)
- $11,112 ticket sold Feb. 24 at Lenny’s Delicatessen, 9107 Reisterstown Road, Owings Mills (claimed)
- $10,747 ticket sold Feb. 27 at 7-Eleven #23819, 11911 Coastal Highway, Ocean City (unclaimed as of March 1)
The Maryland Lottery encourages players to check their tickets by scanning them at any Lottery retailer or with the Lottery’s mobile apps. Draw game winners have 182 days from the date of a drawing to claim their prizes, and scratch-off winners have 182 days from the announced end-of-game date, though there is a grace period for tickets that expire during the COVID-19 state of emergency.